Douglas DC-3: RCAF VersionAvi_DC3RCAF_Blu_11x14 $44
The Douglas DC-3 was first introduced in the late 1930s and transformed aviation as we know it over the next decade. It became a workhorse transport aircraft during WWII and beyond. One of the most durable aircraft ever designed, hundreds still make regular flights today all over the world, but during the Second World War, it really earned its reputation as a reliable, long-distance carrier through countless flights to distant continents.
The inspiration behind our Douglas DC-3 RCAF Version Art Print
I am a longtime aircraft buff, WWII warplanes in particular. The DC-3 is one of my favourite aircraft, partly for its durability, but also for its simple, classic and enduring design. The design of this print was inspired by a combination of the great Depression-era graphic designer Lester Beal and the markings commonly flown on RCAF transports across Europe.
- Photo illustration of a DC-3 with RCAF markings
- Simple, minimalist design inspired by Depression-era artist Lester Beal
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!