1920s Vintage 'Packard' Racing BoatCot_1922ChrisCraft_Blu_14x11 $44
At the end of WWI, boat builders like Chris Smith began building speedboats using surplus aircraft engines. By the early 1920s, boatmen like him realized racing success created a name for themselves, and soon began building and selling their boats to the growing pleasure craft market.
The inspiration behind our '1920s Vintage 'Packard' Racing Boat' Art Print
As a kid growing up on the Kawartha and Muskoka lakes systems, I was an avid boat watcher. I loved touring local marinas, poking around the back corners of lots looking for old beauties. I came across some pretty cool boats back then, but my research leading up to the creation of this print revealed a few models I'd never been fortunate enough to find, like this 1920s Vintage Racing Boat.
I love the craftsmanship and style of these old boats. This print is one in a series of vintage boats in my cottage collection featuring some very distinctive models from the 1920s through to the 1960s. Any of these prints will make a great addition to your cottage, home decor or the ultimate man cave décor.
- Photo illustration of a 1920s Vintage Packard Racing Boat
- Available in 2 background colours
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!