1940s 2.5HP Vintage Outboard MotorCot_Mot46Elgin_Bge_11x14 $33.00
The golden age of motorboating got underway post-WWII and makers were developing affordable motors for a new class of hobbyists eager to take to the water.
The Inspiration behind our '1940s 2.5HP Vintage Outboard Motor' Art Print
As a kid growing up on the Kawartha and Muskoka lakes systems, I loved boat watching and touring marinas. I got pretty good a picking out motor brands from a distance, but my research leading up to the creation of this print revealed a few models I'd never come across, like this 1946 2.5HP outboard motor.
This print is one in a series of stand-alone outboard motor prints from the 1940s through the 1970s. If you prefer our entire collection of motors on one print, you can order that too. Any would make a great addition to your cottage, home decor or the ultimate man cave décor.
- Photo illustration of a 1940s 2.5HP outboard motor
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years