1960s Vintage 'Moonshine' Racing BoatCot_1964Moonshine_Yel_14x11 $34.00
Dean Moon was an American hot-rodder that got his start in dry lake desert racing back in the 1940s. He and his brother opened Moon Automotive in the 1950s—a California shop specializing in building custom hot-rods. By the 1960s, Dean got the itch to take his need for speed to the water and built 'Moonshine', a 17' racer powered by a 300 hp, 327 Chevy engine.
The inspiration behind our '1960s Vintage 'Moonshine' Racing Boat' Art Print
As a kid growing up on the Kawartha and Muskoka lakes systems, I was an avid boat watcher. I loved touring local marinas, poking around the back corners of lots looking for old beauties. I came across some pretty cool boats back then, but not in my wildest dreams would I have ever come across something like this 1960s Vintage Competition Racing Boat. Replicas have been built, but this rendering features the original built by the team at Moon Auto.
I love the craftsmanship and style of these old boats. This print is one in a series of vintage boats in my cottage collection featuring some very distinctive models from the 1920s through to the 1960s. Any of these prints will make a great addition to your cottage, home decor or the ultimate man cave décor.
- Photo illustration of a 1960s Vintage 'Moonshine' Racing Boat
- Available in 2 background colours
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!