'Three Sheets to the Wind' Nautical HumourNaut_ThreeSheets_Blu_12x12 $44
You don't have to be a sailor to appreciate our nautical flag inspired-art prints. Their themes will take you back to times you've spent on the water or they'll get you sailing away somewhere in your imagination. Each print in the series spells out humorous sayings within clean, minimalist designs ideally suited to any cottage or home decor.
Our Nautically-inspired Art Prints blend design and humour
Perhaps you've enjoyed a few cold drinks with good friends and been described as being "three sheets to the wind"—a more polite way of saying you had a few too many. The saying comes from the sailing world where if a 'sheet' (or sail) is loose, it won't offer control for the boat. If several sheets are loose the boat may rock back and forth 'drunkenly'—an actual sailing term. How apropos that our 'Three Sheets to the Wind' art print uses nautical alphabet flags to put a unique take on this common saying.
- Popular saying spelt out in nautical alphabet characters and colours
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!