Trump 'Make America Great Again'Satire_MAGA_Yellow_14x11 $39
Who could forget the cheap, red hat perched awkwardly on Donald Trump's head, messing up his famous comb-over during the 2016 US Presidential Campaign? Not me. After the election, it got me to thinking—what does 'Make America Great Again' really mean? Did Americans really want to go back to a time of segregation, homophobia, pre-feminism, pre-Medicare or social assistance? Or, were they doing what we all do, looking back at their past through rose-coloured glasses, thinking 'If we could only go back in time, things would be better'?
The inspiration behind our 'Make America Great Again' Art print
Amongst all the anger and acrimony surrounding Trump, I needed to find a way to express some humour, while injecting an undercurrent of my personal views. To me, the expression is code to overturn the civil rights victories people fought and bled for during the 1950s, 60s and beyond. The faded colours create the look of an old photo. Post-election, I imagined Mr Trump smugly revelling in early morning hours of election night, marvelling over how he'd pulled one over on the everyone. I imagined him sitting in his bathrobe as he famously likes to do, ready to bring back the 'good old days' and telling those around him how beautiful it was going to be.
- Humorous photo-illustration of Donald Trump wearing his famous campaign slogan hat and wearing a bathrobe
- Printed on high quality, archival grade matte photo paper for the sharpest resolution
- Individually printed on heavy photo paper using a 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper won’t fade or yellow for at least 200 years
Ready to hang
- Dry mounted on acid-free foam core stops warping or discolouration
- Gallery-style, solid hardwood, 100% Canadian-made frames
- Thick acrylic is as clear as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!