Kurt Cobain: ShadesMus_Cobain_Blu_12x12 $44
Kurt Donald Cobain was born on February 20, 1967, in the small logging town of Aberdeen, Washington. Kurt lived a troubled life and by the time he reached his teens was adrift, often homeless. However, he clearly had a musical gift and by the late 80s formed Nirvana—the band that launched a revolutionary sound shift in rock music. As the poster band of the 90s grunge movement, they left behind two notable albums before Kurt's tragic death by suicide.
The inspiration behind our 'Kurt Cobain Shades' Art print
When I first heard Nirvana's Nevermind it blew me away. I was hooked so to speak. And therein lies my inspiration for this piece. Nevermind was an instant classic for its sound and album artwork. Some of the most recognizable photos associated with Kurt during the second album, In Utero period, feature him in Jackie-O styled shades. This piece is my take on combining these two notable periods in his life, his music, and the tragedy of his death.
If you're a fan of Nirvana like me, you probably picked up on my influences right away. This makes a great piece for any music fans or any art lover that appreciates musically-inspired artwork for their home decor.
- A photo illustration inspired by Nirvana's Nevermind album
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!