Daniel Alfredsson "Alfie!"Hockey_AlfredssonAlfie_Black_11x14
Our "Alfie!" art print captures the love affair Ottawa Senator Fans had with their longest standing captain—number 11, Daniel Alfredsson. This commemorative print is one of three commissioned by the Ottawa Senators for the occasion of his jersey retirement ceremony at home on December 29, 2016, vs. the Detroit Red Wings.
The inspiration behind our Daniel Alfredsson "Alfie!" Art Print
The famous "Alfie! Alfie!..." chant filled the Senator's arena for many years. Rarely, however, was it as loud as the night of December 4, 2014, when Daniel Alfredsson returned home to close out his 17-year playing career and officially retire as an Ottawa Senator. The focal point of the print is an illustration of Alfie skating a final lap as fans loudly chant his nickname. His pose captures his humble response. The simple typography of the thunderous "Alfie!" chant fades to black symbolizing the end of an era for the team and the fans.
This unique art print is ideal for framing and makes a great addition to any Sens, or NHL sports art enthusiast's collection.
- Illustration of Daniel Alfredsson on his retirement night
- Text treatment of the famous "Alfie!, Alfie!..." chant
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!