BC Lions-Inspired CFL FootballCFL_Lions_Grey_12.5x12.5 $39
Our BC Lions-inspired art print was created to honour the history of British Columbia's oldest and most successful professional sports organizations. The Lions were granted a franchise to become the CFL's 5th team in 1953. That same year, water boy and future club GM, President and Hall of Famer Bob Ackles was hired. He would guide the team to multiple championships over his 40+ years with the club.
The team was named in a fan contest after the twin peaks—the Lions—north of Vancouver. Legend has it that the mountains look like two lions guarding the city. Home field was Empire Stadium from 1954-1982 when the team moved into the newly constructed BC Place stadium.
The Inspiration behind our BC Lions-inspired art print
Our 'BC Lions-Inspired Football Art Print' celebrates the enduring history of Canada's brand of football and what it has meant to the province and nation. The first documented game of football was played in 1861 at the University of Toronto. For over 150 years, football has played a prominent role in Canadian sports culture and more recently in British Columbia's history. Our BC Lions art print ties in the legacy of the team colours and uniforms to their home city with an antique map of Vancouver creating a unique collector piece for any BC Lions, CFL, or football fan in general.
- Heritage-inspired design representing the BC Lions CFL football team
- Authentic antique map background of Vancouver
- Designed with official team colours
- Maple leaf marks the location of the team's stadium
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!