Chicago Blackhawks-Inspired Original SixHockey_BlackhawksOrgSix_Red/Black_11x14 $44
Our Chicago Blackhawks-Inspired hockey art print reflects the storied history of one of the NHL's Original Six legendary teams. The Chicago Black Hawks began to play in the 1926-27 season, along with new expansion franchises Detroit Cougars and New York Rangers. The Portland Rosebuds of the Western Hockey League were bought and moved to Chicago yet construction delays meant they would not move into their new home (the Chicago Stadium) until the 1928-29 season. Instead, they split their home games between the Coliseum, the Detroit Olympia and the Peace Bridge Arena in Fort Erie, Ontario.
The inspiration behind our Chicago Blackhawks Original Six art print
The design of our Chicago Blackhawks Original Six hockey art print series was inspired by the work of the great depression era graphic designer Lester Beall. His work became popular across North America at the same time as the rise of the newly formed NHL. Each Original Six print draws on the team's history, blending historical elements with iconic players of the time Chicago Blackhawk great, Stan Mikita.
This unique art print is ideal for framing and makes a great addition to any Blackhawk, or NHL sports art enthusiast's collection.
- A striking design inspired by famous designer Lester Beall
- Photo-illustration of an original Chicago great, Stan Mikita, and the Chicago Stadium
- Designed with the team's heritage colours
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!