LA Kings-Inspired HockeyHockey_Kings_Grey_11x14 $39
Our LA Kings-Inspired hockey art print reflects the history of one of the NHL's early expansion franchises beyond the original six. The Kings joined the league with five other teams in 1966 when Canadian entrepreneur Jack Cooke paid $2 million for the rights to ice a franchise in Los Angeles. The Kings name came from the fans. Cooke held a naming competition and chose the Kings because it sounded like royalty. He chose the colours purple and gold for the original uniforms because they were also associated with royalty. The colours also happened to be those worn by hometown cousins, the LA Lakers.
The LA Kings hit the ice in 1967 and played their home games at the venerable Great Western Forum until 1996. The Kings finally struck hockey gold in 2012 winning their first of two Stanley Cups.
The inspiration behind our LA Kings-inspired art print
Our LA Kings-Inspired vintage hockey art print was created for passionate Kings fans like you that love the game, your team, and its roots. It celebrates aspects of the Kings team heritage, blending modern day design elements like the current team colours with heritage-inspired elements such the original purple and gold uniform colours, a photo illustration of the old Forum, antique hockey sticks, a map of LA overlaid on typography inspired by the current logo.
This unique art print is ideal for framing and makes a great addition to any Kings fan, or NHL sports art enthusiast's collection.
- Heritage design inspired by the LA Kings NHL hockey team
- Authentic antique map background of Los Angeles
- Designed with the team's official colours
- A full listing of the team's Stanley Cup victories
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!