1966 VW Kombi Pink Peace BusCar_PinkPeace_Pink_14x11 $44
Our 1966 VW Kombi Peace Bus offers followers another take on our distinctive retro car series of prints. The Kombi was identifiable for its unique profile and for being a symbol of hippie and social movements. At the height of the Vietnam War protest movement and fight for women's rights of 5 decades ago, it was common to see VW buses rolling down the highway covered peace signs.
The Inspiration behind our 1966 VW Kombi Pink Peace Bus Art Print
I'm old enough to remember the Vietnam War and civil rights protests of the 1960s and 70s. I also remember the struggle between the forces of love, hate and equality. As a young boy growing up, my mother and sister were role models for me. This print reminds me of that time as I thought of the brave women who fought for their feminist rights in an era of turmoil.
Maybe you like to make political statements. Maybe you just like retro-inspired art. Wherever your interests lie, this print, along with others in our eclectic series, will make a great addition to your collection.
- Photo illustration of a 1966 Volkswagen Kombi Bus
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!