1951 Underwood Leader TypewriterInv_Typewriter_Gry_12x12 $44
This Underwood Leader (circa 1951) was manufactured at Toronto's Underwood Elliot Fisher Ltd facility. Today it lives among Canada's Science and Technology Museum (Ingenium) artifact collection in Ottawa.
The inspiration behind our Canadian Made: 1951 Underwood Leader Art Print
I remember spending many hours back in school high hacking out essays on an old Underwood typewriter. That old girl taught me a lot. It taught me to think. It was unforgiving and you had to be disciplined—no backspace/delete/save. But most of all, it helped me discover the power of words and grow as an artist. A picture may paint a thousand words, but a thousand well-crafted words paint a vivid picture in your mind.
This print makes a great addition to art collectors that appreciate vintage-inspired themes and love the power of the written word.
- Design features a photo illustration of a circa 1951 Underwood typewriter
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!