Avro CF-105 ArrowAvi_ArrowTop_LitBlu_11x14 $44
The Avro CF-105 Arrow is considered one of Canada's greatest aviation achievements and failures at the same time. The Mark 2's was designed in 1955 to reach speeds of Mach 2 and an altitude of 50,000 feet. The first Arrow was rolled out to the public on 4 October 1957, the same day Russia launched their Sputnik satellite.
In February of 1959, John Diefenbaker's Conservative government dealt the Arrow a fatal political blow by canceling the program. The move severely damaged the future of Canada's aviation industry and Canadians were left to wonder what might have been as all aircraft and parts were ordered destroyed.
The inspiration behind our Avro CF-105 Arrow Art Print
Our Avro CF-105 Arrow features an illustration of the iconic aircraft from above as it soars above the earth. The background features an aeronautical chart of the Toronto area as a nod to the airspace where the Mark II flew its test flights.
- Detailed illustration of the Avro CF-105 Arrow
- Authentic aeronautical chart background of the southern Ontario airspace
- Available in several colours
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!