Supermarine Spitfire MK IIAvi_SpitfireMKII_LitBlu_11x14 $34.00
Our Supermarine Spitfire Mk II art print captures the essence of one of the Second World War's most famous aircraft. Waves of Spitfires flew thousands of sorties over Europe and North Africa, but they are probably best known as the UK's most effective weapon during the Battle of Britain. Although the Hawker Hurricane shouldered most of the battle load, Spitfire's earned their place in air combat lore because they were a better match and more lethal foe against the German Messerschmitt.
The inspiration behind our Supermarine Spitfire Mk II Art Print
Our Supermarine Spitfire Mk II features an illustration of the iconic aircraft from above, flying in formation with a squadron over the southern shores of Great Britain. The background features an actual military chart of the Dover area. Scores of MK IIs would often be seen returning home from intercept battles over the English Channel.
This art print makes a great collectable for any military aviation buff or for anyone that appreciates eclectic, vintage-inspired art for their home decor.
- Detailed illustration of the Supermarine Spitfire Mk II
- Authentic military chart background of the southern English airspace over Dover
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!