Voyageur BeaverAni_VoyageurBeaver_Gry_12x12 $45.00
Can you think of a more iconic symbol of Canadiana than the beaver? Early French Canadian fur traders working for the Hudsons Bay Company and North West Company canoed inland thousands of kilometres in search of Castor Canadensis. These 'Voyageurs' become recognized and known by their distinctive red toques, worn to ward off the cold Canadian winter.
The inspiration behind our 'Voyageur Beaver' Art Print
When I started this piece, I didn't imagine it would turn out as it has. Maybe I painted a beaver wearing a bright red toque and flashing a peace sign through his wry expression because of my quirky sense of humour? Or, maybe it's my acknowledgement of changing cultural norms that led to the decline of the fur trade? Whatever the reason, I'd love to see the reaction a modern-day trapper would have when he came across a beaver flashing a peace offering.
Whatever my inspiration may have been, this pop-art piece should inspire you to add a little Canadensis to your walls. Makes a great addition to any room decor for fans of pop-art.
- Colourfully illustrated rendering of a beaver with voyageur toque making a peace sign
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years