1935 Bugbite RacerCottage_1935Bugbite_Mahogany_14x11 $44
Boat designer A.A. Apel published his design for a 17' racing boat in the 1935 February issue of Motor Boating Magazine. Many were built off his plans over the next decade and a half but very few originals survive today. Recently, modern boat builders have revived the design, crafting some pretty spectacular replica models.
The inspiration behind our '1935 Bugbite Racer' Art Print
As a kid growing up on the Kawartha and Muskoka lakes systems, I was an avid boat watcher. I loved touring local marinas, poking around the back corners of lots looking for old beauties. I came across some pretty cool boats back then, but my research leading up to the creation of this print revealed a few models I'd never been fortunate enough to find, like this 1935 Bugbite Racer.
I love the craftsmanship and style of these old boats. This print is one in a series of vintage boats in my cottage collection featuring some very distinctive models from the 1920s through to the 1960s. Any of these prints will make a great addition to your cottage, home decor or the ultimate man cave décor.
- Photo illustration of a 1935 Bugbite Racer
- Available on 2 background colours
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!