Vintage 1950s Space Racer ToyToys_SpaceRacer_Red_12.5x12.5 $44
Many companies ramped up manufacturing of indestructible pressed steel toys shortly after WWII. Millions of baby-boomer generation kids played with solid steel toys were manufactured that way right up into the 1980s. Eventually, steel gave way to plastic and today most toys are entirely plastic.
The inspiration behind our Vintage Space Racer Toy Art Print
I grew up playing with lots of metal toys. Back then I loved them for their indestructibility. Today I love them as works of art. Their craftsmanship and nostalgia are hard to resist.
Collecting toys is no longer just for kids. In fact, vintage pressed steel toys like this 1950s space racer is a prized-find for many collectors. This print will make a great addition to any collector of vintage-inspired art.
- A photo-illustration of a 1950s space racer tin toy
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!