1960s VW 'Peace Man' BeetleCars_66PeaceBeetle_Cream_14x11 $39
Our 1960s Volkswagen 'Peace Man' Beetle art print features one of the most recognizable cars of the 20th century. The first 'bugs' were designed and developed in the 1930s by the Porche company. Post-WWII, production took off and millions hit the road. It was a car for all, but in the 60s and 70s, VWs were often synonymous with the youth hippie movement.
The Inspiration behind our 1960s Volkswagen 'Peace Man' Beetle Art Print
My sister drove a 1960s Beetle in the early 70s and I'll always associate her car with a time of protest. It was the height of the Vietnam War protest movement. Woodstock had just happened and the double live album spun on the turntable at home regularly and as a young kid, I would draw peace symbols on everything.
If you're a classic car buff fan or simply a fan of retro-inspired art, this print, along with others in our eclectic cars series will make a great addition to your collection.
- Photo illustration of a 1960s Volkswagen Beetle
- Individually printed on heavy photo paper using a 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality inks and paper (Giclée) won’t fade or yellow for at least 200 years
Ready to hang
- Dry mounted on acid-free foam core stops warping or discolouration
- Gallery-style, solid hardwood, 100% Canadian-made frames
- Thick acrylic is as clear as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!