1966 VW Bus 'Love Trumps Hate'Cars_BusLove_Grey_14x11 $44
Our 1966 Volkswagen Bus 'Love Trumps Hate' art print blends themes from the 60s and current culture to make a statement. The VW Kombi bus was distinctive for its unique profile and for being a symbol of the hippie movement. At the height of the protest movements of 5 decades ago, it was common to see VW buses rolling down the highway covered in protest slogans.
The Inspiration behind our 1966 Volkswagen Bus 'Love Trumps Hate' Art Print
We live in strange times. I'm old enough to remember the Vietnam War and civil rights protests of the 1960s and 70s. I remember the struggle between the forces hate and love. As a society, we made so many gains coming out of that time. Now, 50 years later, America, and by association, the rest of the free world, is sliding back into ugly times because 'The Bigot and Divider in Chief'—Donald Trump—occupies the Whitehouse. This piece is my small contribution to the war on hate.
Maybe you like to make political statements. Maybe you just like retro-inspired art. Wherever your interests lie, this print, along with others in our eclectic series, will make a great addition to your collection.
- Photo illustration of a 1966 Volkswagen Kombi Bus
- Individually printed on heavy photo paper using a 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality inks and paper (Giclée) won’t fade or yellow for at least 200 years
Ready to hang
- Dry mounted on acid-free foam core stops warping or discolouration
- Gallery-style, solid hardwood, 100% Canadian-made frames
- Thick acrylic is as clear as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames with matte finish
- Protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!