1966 VW Bus 'Love Trumps Hate'Cars_BusLove_Grey_14x11 $44
Our 1966 Volkswagen Bus 'Love Trumps Hate' art print blends themes from the 60s and current culture to make a statement. The VW Kombi bus was distinctive for its unique profile and for being a symbol of the hippie movement. At the height of the protest movements of 5 decades ago, it was common to see VW buses rolling down the highway covered in protest slogans.
The Inspiration behind our 1966 Volkswagen Bus 'Love Trumps Hate' Art Print
We live in strange times. I'm old enough to remember the Vietnam War and civil rights protests of the 1960s and 70s. I remember the struggle between the forces of hate and love. As a society, we made so many gains coming out of that time. Now, 50 years later, America, and by association, the rest of the free world, is sliding back into ugly times because 'The Bigot and Divider in Chief'—Donald Trump—occupies the Whitehouse. This piece is my small contribution to the war on hate.
Maybe you like to make political statements. Maybe you just like retro-inspired art. Wherever your interests lie, this print, along with others in our eclectic series, will make a great addition to your collection.
- Photo illustration of a 1966 Volkswagen Kombi Bus
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!