'Brewers Retail' StubbyStubby_Retail_Grey_12.5x12.5 $44
1927 ushered in the end of prohibition in Ontario and with it competition for the bootleggers that made their fortune selling beer and spirits on the black market. The Ontario government simultaneously opened Brewers Retail to sell beer directly to thirsty drinkers across Ontario.
The inspiration behind our 'Brewers Retail' Stubby Beer Bottle Art Print
Before it was renamed the Beer Store as it is today, the Brewers Retail logo brought in during the 1970s was a beacon for thirsty beer lovers. Call it coincidence, but that just happened to be the era when I was old enough to pick up a two-four of those fat frosty friends on a Friday night. This design not only appeals to my love of beer but brings back memories of another time when the quirky Canadian bottle reigned supreme.
- Inspired by the 1970s Brewers Retail logo design
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames with matte finish
- Protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!