1950s Vintage TypewriterInv_Typewriter_Gry_12x12 $44
Toronto was once a hub for typewriter manufacturers like the Underwood Elliot Fisher Ltd facility. This 1950s Vintage Typewriter (circa 1951) was made there and today lives among Canada's Science and Technology Museum (Ingenium) artifact collection in Ottawa.
The inspiration behind our 1950s Vintage Typewriter Art Print
I remember spending many hours back in school high hacking out essays on an old manual typewriter. That taught me a lot. It taught me to think because it was unforgiving and you had to be disciplined—no backspace/delete/save. But most of all, it helped me discover the power of words and grow as an artist. A picture may paint a thousand words, but a thousand well-crafted words paint a vivid picture in your mind.
This print makes a great addition to art collectors that appreciate vintage-inspired themes and love the power of the written word.
- Design features a photo illustration of a circa 1950s Vintage Typewriter
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!