De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver: NewfoundlandAviation_DHC2NL_Grey_14x11 $44
One of the great aviation inventions—the DHC-2 Beaver— is a symbol of true Canadian ingenuity and practicality. The first one came off the line and took flight from de Havilland's Toronto production facility in 1947. The Beaver soon established itself as the workhorse of the north. It's rugged construction and utilitarian design made it ideal for flying into remote Canadian wilderness locations.
The 'Beaver' art print series was inspired by our long-standing passion for all things aviation as well as by stories of the courageous frontier bush pilots that opened up the northern air frontier.
- Unique paint and decal schemes inspired by Newfoundland's provincial flag colours
- Accurate scale model outline profile drawing
- High-resolution aeronautical chart background specific to the Newfoundland airspace
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames with matte finish
- Protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!