McDonnell Douglas CF-18 HornetAviation_CF18Hornet_Slate_14x11 $44
Canada selected the McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet to replace its aging fleet of CF-104 Starfighters in 1980, and by 1982 the RCAF began taking delivery of its first new fighter jets in 20 years. Eventually, a total of 138 CF-18 Hornets entered service and have since seen combat action in a number of theatres including the Gulf War, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and throughout the middle east.
The inspiration behind our 'McDonnell Douglas CF-18 Hornet' Art Print
Our McDonnell Douglas CF-18 Hornet piece features a photo illustration of the iconic aircraft as it rips across the sky. It's set against an aeronautical chart background centered on the southern Alberta region, specifically over CFB Cold Lake. As a former cartographer, I love incorporating maps into my work, especially when they add a layer of relevant interest, such as in this piece where the map geolocates the home bases of the 401, 409, and 410 Tactical Squadrons.
This art print makes a great addition to any aviation buff's collection or collectors of vintage-inspired, modern art décor.
- Photo illustration of the McDonnell Douglas CF-18 Hornet
- Available in 2 colours
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!