'Mirror Mirror'Cars_Mirror_Pink_14x11 $44
In 1909, a book called The Woman and the Car noted that women should "carry a little hand-mirror in a convenient place when driving". The book's reference was actually about safety, and in a few short years, most cars did come with rearview mirrors. But my guess is that women quickly discovered the rearview mirror had another useful purpose.
The Inspiration behind our Mirror Mirror Art Print
I think every woman can say their rearview mirror has two important purposes in order of priority: first, to check their makeup before leaving the car; and secondly, to check their surroundings while driving. This print's retro styling features a beauty synonymous with the 50s and 60s—Marilyn Monroe— as she might have checked her makeup and ruby-red lipstick before stepping out onto the red carpet.
If you're a fan of retro-inspired art, this print will make a great addition to your collection.
- Photo illustration of a Marilyn Monroe checking her make-up in a rearview mirror
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!