David Bowie: Aladdin SaneMusic_BowieRecord_Slate_12.5x12.5 $44
David Bowie released his Aladdin Sane album in 1973. This new character, which was an evolution of his Ziggy Stardust character, became one of the most recognizable personas of his career. Ironically, the album itself is not as well known compared to others in his discography.
The inspiration behind our 'David Bowie-Aladdin Sane' Art print
I was first introduced to Bowie as an art student in high school back in the 70s. I was immediately drawn to his lyrics and intensity. Ziggy Stardust was my favourite character but later as a student of graphic design, his Aladdin Sane look made a great impact on me. And, as a person who has always been drawn in by the cosmos, I always connected to his music and lyrics. It wasn't until his death that I found the inspiration to create this piece. The LP label acts as a portal to the stars I imagined Bowie passing through as he left this earth.
This art print makes a great addition to any Bowie fan's collection or any art lover that appreciates musically-inspired artwork for their home decor.
- A photo illustration of David Bowie's Aladdin Sane character combined with an image of the Milky Way Galaxy
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames with matte finish
- Protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!