Polaroid Instant CameraTech_PolaroidCamera_White_11x14 $39
Our 'Polaroid Instant Camera' print takes you back to the time when American scientist, Edward Land's 1948 invention hit its peak in popularity. During the 1970s, the Land Camera was a hit because it offered instant fun. It wasn't about image quality—it was about capturing the quality of the moment. As cameras and film quality improved, people tired of the poor image quality. By the 1990s, Polaroid filed for bankruptcy. Ironically, with the advent of social media and instant image sharing, they've made a comeback as party favourites and once again you'll find spinoffs of the Polaroid popping up.
The inspiration behind our Polaroid Instant Camera Art Print
This print is a nod to the golden era of the instant camera. It's kind of ironic that the low-quality Polaroids Land cameras of the 1970s were largely responsible for piquing my interest in photography. It was cool to see my shots develop before my eyes. But I soon tired of the dingy and muddy prints and moved on to SLR cameras and 35mm film. But the good ole Land always has a special spot in my heart.
If you're a photography buff or collector or eclectic art, this print makes a great addition to your collection or home decor.
- A clever take on the Polaroid Land camera combining an image from the first Star Wars movie
- Simple, minimalist design that will stand the test of time
- Individually printed on heavy photo paper using a 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper won’t fade or yellow for at least 200 years
Ready to hang
- Gallery-style, solid hardwood, 100% Canadian-made frames
- Thick acrylic is as clear as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free foam core backing to prevent discolouration
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!