1950s 'Holiday' Pedal CarToy_PedalCar_Teal_14x11 $44
The introduction of pedal car toys can be traced back to the 1890s when most were modelled after the real cars of the day. Pedal cars were popular toys for wealthy kids during the 1920s and 1930s. By the 1940s, steel was rationed for use in producing military arms, but after WWII and into the 50s and 60s, pedal cars made a big comeback.
The inspiration behind our 1950s 'Holiday' Pedal Car Art Print
Pedal cars, like this 'Holiday' edition, were mini metal works of art, featuring details found on real cars like chrome detailing, hood ornaments, whitewall tires and custom paint jobs. This particular car has seen its share of wear, tear and scrapes since it rolled off the line shiny and new, but the original lines and character still show through.
Vintage pedal cars are a prized find for many collectors. This print makes a great addition to any collector that prizes vintage-inspired art.
- Photo illustration of a 1950s 'Holiday' Pedal Car
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!