Washington-inspired Vintage NFLNFL_RedSkins_Gry_12x12 $44
Our Washington-inspired art print was created to honour the history of one of the NFL's older and most successful teams. Like many teams in the league, this franchise's origins can be traced back to another city. Washington's club, originally known as the Boston Braves, relocated to D.C. in 1937. Since their inception, they've earned a roughly .600 winning percentage—one of the NFL's best. The team has also been controversial throughout their history, specifically, regarding their name and logo. Both have long been associated with negative stereotypes of Native Americans. Fortunately, the team has recognized the need to change and are moving toward a new, more respectful, nickname for the team.
The Inspiration behind our Washington-inspired art print
Our 'Washington-Inspired Football Art Print' celebrates the enduring history of this legendary football team and what it means to their fans. The design features the team's short-lived 1970-72 version of their logo on a vintage helmet. The backdrop features an antique map of Washington D.C.
- A heritage-inspired design representing the Washington team
- Authentic antique map background of Washington D.C.
- Designed with a mix of official and vintage team colours
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!