Avro CF-105 Arrow: Profile ViewAvi_ArrowProfile_LitBlu_14x11 $44
The Avro CF-105 Arrow is considered one of Canada's greatest aviation achievements and failures at the same time. The Mark 2's was designed in 1955 to reach speeds of Mach2 and an altitude of 50,000 feet. The first Arrow was rolled out to the public on 4 October 1957, the same day Russia launched their Sputnik satellite.
In February of 1959, John Diefenbaker's Conservative government dealt the Arrow a fatal political blow by canceling the program. The move severely damaged the future of Canada's aviation industry and Canadians were left to wonder what might have been as all aircraft and parts were ordered destroyed.
The inspiration behind our Avro CF-105 Arrow Art Print Profile View
Our Avro CF-105 Arrow profile view piece features a photo illustration of the iconic aircraft as it rips across the sky. It's set against a simple blue background that also features bold typography in the style used on early promotional items press kits produced prior to the Arrow's first public unveiling and flights.
The profile view Arrow makes a great companion piece to our popular overhead, in-flight version. It's also the perfect addition to any aviation buff's art collection or collectors of vintage-inspired modern art decor.
- Photo illustration of the Avro CF-105 Arrow in profile view
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!