CF-18 Hornet Fighter JetAvi_CF18Hornet_Slt_14x11 $45.00
Canada selected the McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet to replace its aging fleet of CF-104 Starfighters in 1980, and by 1982 the RCAF began taking delivery of its first new fighter jets in 20 years. Eventually, a total of 138 CF-18 Hornets entered service and have since seen combat action in a number of theatres including the Gulf War, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and throughout the middle east.
The inspiration behind our 'CF-18 Hornet Fighter Jet' Art Print
Our CF-18 Hornet Fighter Jet piece features a photo illustration of the iconic aircraft as it rips across the sky. It's set against an aeronautical chart background centered on the southern Alberta region, specifically over CFB Cold Lake. As a former cartographer, I love incorporating maps into my work, especially when they add a layer of relevant interest, such as in this piece where the map geolocates the home bases of the 401, 409, and 410 Tactical Squadrons.
This art print makes a great addition to any aviation buff's collection or collectors of vintage-inspired, modern art décor.
- Photo illustration of the CF-18 Hornet Fighter Jet
- Available in 2 colours
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years