1950s Retro 'Flying Fish' SpeedboatCot_1957Herters_Grey_14x11 $45.00
During the 1950s, many companies jumped into the fast-growing fibreglass boat building business, marketing their own design. Fibreglass offered boat designers of the era the ability to sculpt like their automotive counterparts. Boats like the Herter's Flying Fish, with its large sweeping tail fins, made quite a statement on the water.
The inspiration behind our '1950s Retro 'Flying Fish' Speedboat' Art Print
As a kid growing up on the Kawartha and Muskoka lakes systems, I was an avid boat watcher. I loved touring local marinas, poking around the back corners of lots looking for old beauties. I came across some pretty cool boats back then, but my research leading up to the creation of this print revealed a few models I'd never been fortunate enough to find, like this 1950s Retro 'Flying Fish' Speedboat.
I love the craftsmanship and style of these old boats. This print is one in a series of vintage boats in my cottage collection featuring some very distinctive models from the 1920s through to the 1960s. Any of these prints will make a great addition to your cottage, home decor or the ultimate man cave décor.
- Photo illustration of a 1950s Retro 'Flying Fish' Speedboat
- Available in 2 background colours
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years