'Polaris' BearAnimals_Polaris_DarkBlue_12.5x12.5 $44
Our 'Polaris' Bear art print captures the spirit of one of Canada's most recognizable native species. Ursus maritimus (maritime bear) has moved among the ice and stars of the Arctic Ocean region for countless millennia. Featured on the face of our $2 'twoonie', the polar bear holds a special place in the hearts of Canadians, but due to climate change, it has been added to the vulnerable species.
The inspiration behind our 'Polaris Bear' Art Print
This print was inspired by my wife's stories of living in Canada's high north and my love of astronomy. The iconic pose of the bear against the background of a star chart from the 17th century creates a unique piece. The constellations of Ursa Major (Big Dipper) and Ursa Minor (Little Dipper) are highlighted on its body, with the North Star (Polaris)—the tip of the Little Dipper's handle—at the elbow of his front leg. This print makes a great collectable for collectors of Canadiana.
- Illustration of a polar bear overlaid on an antique star chart of the northern hemisphere
- The constellations of Ursa Major and Minor are included with the North Star
- Individually printed on heavy photo paper using a 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality inks and paper (Giclée) won’t fade or yellow for at least 200 years
Ready to hang
- Dry mounted on acid-free foam core stops warping or discolouration
- Gallery-style, solid hardwood, 100% Canadian-made frames
- Thick acrylic is as clear as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!