La Métropole' Montreal Expo 67Place_MTL_Blu_11x14 $45.00
Our 'La Métropole' or 'The Metropolis' art print focuses on a period when the city underwent a process of post-war modernization. After 1960 a modern city emerged. Urbanization was expanding and thanks to French-speaking society's re-appropriation of the city, Montréal came into its own as the metropolis of a new and a modern Québec. One of the hallmark events marking the city's resurgence was Expo 67 and its groundbreaking architecture which included the American Pavilion's distinctive geodesic dome.
The Inspiration behind our La Métropole Art Print
Living in nearby Ottawa, Montréal is always just a short drive down the 417. We love the city's architecture and ambience. I still have early childhood memories of the energy around Expo 67. As a kid growing up I was fascinated and heavily influenced by innovative architecture, geometry and forms like the famous geodesic dome. This print brings together these influences into a piece we think post-modern art lovers will find attractive.
- Photo illustration of Montréal's geodesic dome
- Simple, minimalist design inspired by the post-modernism design movement
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years