Retro Video Game: Space InvadersGam_SpaceInv_Bge_12x12 $34.00
When Space Invaders was first released in 1978, it was one of the pioneers of modern video gaming. Along with other arcade classics like Pong, Tank and Star Raiders, it transformed the video game industry into a global phenomenon.
The inspiration behind our Space Invaders Retro Video Game Art Print
As a kid growing up in the 70s, I wasn’t much into video games. However, by the time I hit college (and the legal drinking age) in the early 80s, arcade games entered my radar. If my already shallow pockets weren’t being drained by draft beers, they were drained quarter by quarter by tabletop arcade games like Space Invaders. Fast forward to the late 80s and the evolution of the desktop computer and lunch hour consisted of multiple rounds of Space Invaders—the computer version.
Although this 1970s Lear Siegler Terminal wasn’t technically capable of hosting 8-bit video games, I just love the look. If you’re a collector of anything related to retro video games, or vintage-inspired art in general, this piece is for you.
- A photo-illustration of a Lear Siegler computer terminal and the Space Invaders video game
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!