Assorted Vintage Outboard Motors (Version 1)Cot_VintageMots_Bge_11x14 $34.00
The first outboard motors, developed as early as 1870, were electrically driven. By the early 1900s, the first internal combustion-powered model was patented, and by 1915, thousands of motors were propelling small boats across the water. The golden age of motor-boating got underway post-WWII and really took off during the 1950s through the 1970s when it became more accessible to the masses.
The Inspiration behind our 'Assorted Vintage Outboard Motors-Version 1' Art Print
As a kid growing up on the Kawartha and Muskoka lakes systems, I loved boat watching and touring marinas. I got pretty good a picking out motor brands from a distance, but my research leading up to the creation of this print revealed a few models I'd never come across.
My particular interests lie with models from the 1940s to the 1970s. This print is one of two in my collection that feature a mix of funky, bizarre and elegant designs from that era. Each motor featured can be ordered as a stand-alone print. But if you prefer the entire collection, this is the print for you. It makes a great addition to any cottage, home decor or the ultimate man cave décor.
- Photo illustrations of vintage outboard motors from the 1940s through to the 1970s
- Available in several colours
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!