1966 VW 'Flower Power' BusCar_BusFlower_Teal_12x12 $44
Our 1966 Volkswagen 'Flower Power' bus art print captures the spirit of the hippie movement of the 1960s and early 70s. The Type 2 VW Kombi was a favourite of those that lived life on the road. The first Kombis rolled off the assembly line in 1949 and the design didn't change much until 1967. The 1967 and later models adopted a more angular profile. The early models are distinctive for their large 'V' front hood detail pointing down to the front bumper.
The Inspiration behind our 1966 Volkswagen 'Flower Power' Bus Art Print
I grew up with older siblings that were part of the 60s peace movement. Some of their friends drove beat-up old VW buses. As a kid that loved to doodle, I remember constantly drawing peace signs and 'flower power' graphics all over my school binders. This print transfers my memories of those days onto one of the most identifiable symbols and vehicles of the hippie movement.
Maybe you're drawn to the history and culture of the 60s. Or, you're a classic car fan. Perhaps you're simply a fan of retro-inspired art. Wherever your interests lie, this print, along with others in our eclectic cars series will make a great addition to your collection.
- Photo illustration of a 1966 Volkswagen Kombi Bus with flower power decals
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!