The B-52's: Planet ClaireMusic_B-52sPlanetClaire_Black_12.5x12.5 $44
The B-52's burst onto the Athens, Georgia music scene in 1976. Their quirky, surf-dance sound was one of the more influential and redefining styles to come out of the post-punk era. Tracks like Planet Claire, the first on their 1978 self-titled debut, made fans of the burgeoning new wave music genre stand up and take notice.
The inspiration behind our 'The B-52's Planet Claire' Art print
The B-52's were a major influence on my musical journey. As a kid growing up with older siblings, I had the benefit of listening to many of the most influential bands of the 60s and 70s. But like many teens, I wanted to set my own course, and hearing the B-52's and Planet Claire for the first time sent me down a road of musical discovery that included punk, new wave and beyond.
The design of this piece includes my take on a montage of references from the song's lyrics that my fellow B-52's fans will pick up on. If you're a fan of the band or musically-inspired art, this piece makes a great addition to your home decor.
- Retro style photo-illustration interpreting the lyrics of the song Planet Claire
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames with matte finish
- Protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!