Thoroughbred Derby ClassicAni_DerbyClassic_Char_14x11 $44
In all sports, there is one event that athletes strive to reach, compete in and win. It's The Masters at Augusta for golfers, while a hockey player's goal is to win the Stanley Cup. For thoroughbred horse jockeys and trainers, the pinnacle of achievement is to win the Kentucky derby.
The Inspiration behind our Thoroughbred Derby Classic Art Print
As a kid growing up on a mixed farm in southern Ontario, we had every manner of four-legged animals afoot in the fields and barn. And while I never quite warmed up to them, my late brother's passion was his horses. He spent hours with them, lovingly grooming and training them. He would lean in and ride them across the pasture at a gallop, and I would sit on the fence watching and imagining my big brother someday riding one of his horses in a derby championship.
The jockey's classic silks in this print and his intense expression take me back to memories of watching derby championships with my brother. This print makes an excellent piece for any horse lover or derby fan.
- A photo-illustration of a Derby-winning jockey in classic red and white check silks
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!