Thoroughbred Derby ClassicAni_DerbyClassic_Char_14x11 $45.00
In all sports, there is one event that athletes strive to reach, compete in and win. It's The Masters at Augusta for golfers, while a hockey player's goal is to win the Stanley Cup. For thoroughbred horse jockeys and trainers, the pinnacle of achievement is to win the Kentucky derby.
The Inspiration behind our Thoroughbred Derby Classic Art Print
As a kid growing up on a mixed farm in southern Ontario, we had every manner of four-legged animals afoot in the fields and barn. And while I never quite warmed up to them, my late brother's passion was his horses. He spent hours with them, lovingly grooming and training them. He would lean in and ride them across the pasture at a gallop, and I would sit on the fence watching and imagining my big brother someday riding one of his horses in a derby championship.
The jockey's classic silks in this print and his intense expression take me back to memories of watching derby championships with my brother. This print makes an excellent piece for any horse lover or derby fan.
- A photo-illustration of a Derby-winning jockey in classic red and white check silks
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years