1939 Hawker Hurricane MK IV$105.00
Premium, Limited Edition Fine Art Print
Edition limited to 50 in total (25 prints in each size)
The Hurricane was one of the most versatile British fighters and served in almost all theatres of the war. In Canada, Canadian Car and Foundry built over 1440 under license, many equipping RCAF Squadrons in Canada while others served in RAF squadrons. Ten RCAF squadrons in Canada were equipped with the Hurricane, serving on the east and west coasts.
This limited edition fine art print featuring the Hawker Hurricane MK IV (circa 1939)—and our entire RCAF 100th Centennial Collection—is perfect for collectors and aviation enthusiasts of all ages. By purchasing this, you will also be supporting the RCAF and its personnel, as a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the RCAF Centennial Fund.
This photorealistic rendition is my artistic interpretation of an aircraft of this type. As I create my pieces, I draw inspiration from multiple sources, adding details with a creative lens. This particular image is a composite concept of that process. The dates shown on each piece indicate when the aircraft was “taken on strength.” The paint colour and markings on this piece are not meant to accurately depict the aircraft when it came into service. Most aircraft were in service for many years and assigned to various theatres of operation and squadrons. Ultimately, my final conceptual renderings may not—in fact, most often—are not 100% historically accurate. The RCAF 100th Centennial identifier signifies that the Royal Canadian Air Force approves this reproduction.
Taken on strength: February 1939
(The date that the RCAF/CAF took delivery of the aircraft)
Struck off strength: June 1948
(The date that the aircraft was removed from the RCAF/CAF strength)
Canadian Car and Foundry
Archival Quality Paper and Inks
- 100% cotton rag paper made from cotton pulp (also known as museum grade or museum quality)
- Acid-free (neutral pH above 7), chlorine- and lignin-free
- Matte finish / 15 mil thickness / 300 gsm weight
- Printed with a 9-colour aqueous (water-based) inks process on a high-resolution, commercial inkjet printer
- Museum-quality inks (also referred to as Giclée), guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
This premium, limited edition art print includes a certificate of authenticity that certifies the artwork’s provenance and declares that the rendering was created by Doug Jackson. Each certificate indicates:
- Statement of Authenticity
- Title of the piece
- Artist's name
- Artwork dimensions
- Print number (i.e., Print 1 of a 25-print edition)
- Reproduction date
- Reproduction process
- Signed by the artist and stamped with the corporate seal of ManMade Art Inc.
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!