'49 Chrysler & Fleet Cabin CarCars_FleetTrailer_Green_27.5x10 $54
Faced with a big drop in aircraft manufacturing after WWII, Fort Erie-based Fleet Mfg. & Aircraft Co. attempted to diversify by producing the Fleet Cabin Car. The year was 1947 and unfortunately, the launch was a flop and the Cabin Car failed the same year. The company misjudged the market. Most people could not afford to travel because paid vacations didn’t exist for the most part. Those that could afford to travel were more likely to choose a larger, more comfortable trailer.
The inspiration behind our '49 Chrysler & Fleet Cabin Car art print
This print is based on images I captured of the Cabin Car on display at Canada's Science and Technology Museum in Ottawa. When I first laid eyes on it hooked up to the 1949 Chrysler Town & Country 'Woodie', it was love at first sight. The craftsmanship of the trailer was really striking and the retro vibe was irresistible.
If you’re into retro travel memorabilia or just love vintage-inspired art with a modern twist, this print is for you.
- A photo-illustration of a 1949 Chrysler Town & Country 'Woodie' and Fleet Cabin Car trailer
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!