Amy Winehouse: Lost SoulMus_AmyWine_Grn_12x12 $45.00
Amy Winehouse was known for her distinctive voice and blend of R&B, jazz, and soul sounds. She grew up surrounded by professional musicians and singers that influenced her musical journey from a young age. She found fame with her first album Frank, but stardom also came with temptation and scrutiny. Her short, tortured adult life was plagued alcohol and substance abuse and ended in tragedy at the young age of 27.
The inspiration behind our 'Amy Winehouse: Lost Soul' Art print
Writer Sasha Frere-Jones of The New Yorker penned after Amy's death, "Nobody can match Winehouse’s unique transitions or her utterly weird phrasings. She sounded like an original sixties soul star, developed when the landscape had no rules." That pretty much sums it up—she was a no-rules superstar, blessed with more talent than most of her contemporaries. I would also add, she was a lost soul, lost in the chaos of her world and her addictions, lost too soon as yet another tragic addition to the 27 club.
This piece captures Amy's soulful look, distinctive eyes, and signature red rose in her hair. It makes a great addition to any fan's collection or any art lover that appreciates musically-inspired artwork for their home decor.
- A photo illustration of Amy Winehouse in profile with a signature red rose in her hair
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years