Ottawa RedBlacks-Inspired CFL FootballCFL_RedBlacks_Grey_12.5x12.5 $44
Our Ottawa RedBlacks-inspired art print was created to honour the history of one of Canada's oldest and most resilient football cities. Ottawa can trace its football roots back over 140 years to when the Ottawa Rough Riders were established. They were the CFL's longest standing franchise until they fell on hard times during the 1980s and 90s. Plagued by bad ownership, the leagues oldest franchise folded in 1996. In 2002 football returned under a new franchise called the Renegades but would also be doomed to bad ownership and ultimately folded a few years later. In 2014, the new Ottawa RedBlacks franchise took to the rejuvenated Landsdowne Park field. In a remarkable feat, the team played in their first Grey Cup in their second season.
The Inspiration behind our Ottawa RedBlacks-inspired art print
Our 'Ottawa RedBlacks-Inspired Football Art Print' celebrates the enduring history of Canada's brand of football and the return of the game to the nation's capital. For over 150 years, football has played a prominent role in Canadian sports culture and teams from Ottawa have been important contributors. Our Ottawa RedBlacks art print ties in the legacy of the team, their colours and uniforms, and their history as a lumber town, overlaid on an antique map of Ottawa creating a unique collector piece for any RedBlacks, CFL, or football fan in general.
- A heritage-inspired design representing the Ottawa RedBlacks CFL football team
- Authentic antique map background of Ottawa
- Designed with official team colours
- Maple leaf marks the location of the Lansdowne Park stadium
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames with matte finish
- Protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!