Ottawa Silver Seven HockeyHoc_OttSilSeven_Red/Blk_11x14 $34.00
Our Ottawa Silver Seven hockey art print reflects the storied history of one of hockey's earliest dynasties. Ottawa's first hockey team (Ottawa HC) were amateurs before they officially became the Senators in 1908. The 1903-1907 teams are widely regarded as the greatest of their era—hockey's first dynasty winning 11 straight Stanley Cup Challenges between 1903 and 1906. Names like Frank McGee, Billy Gilmour, Frank White, and Harvey Pulford formed the core of those teams that had few equals.
The team earned its nickname after they won one of their cups in 1906. Rewarding them with legal tender would have meant disqualification from the amateur league. Instead, each player was given a silver nugget. One of the players suggested they should call themselves the Silver Seven and the nickname stuck.
The inspiration behind our Ottawa Silver Seven art print
The design of our Ottawa Silver Seven hockey art print was inspired by the work of the great depression era graphic designer Lester Beall. His work became popular across North America at the same time as the rise of the newly formed pro hockey league. Although the Silver Seven predates the depression era, their legend laid the foundation for the successful teams that followed in the 1920s and 30s. This design draws on Ottawa hockey history, blending historical elements such as the team uniform with the iconic image of the 1905 Cup-winning team.
The design of this special art print was inspired by their legend and the legacy left for generations of Ottawa hockey fans.
- A striking design inspired by the famous Silver Seven uniform
- Photo-illustration of Ottawa Silver Seven team
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!