Space Shuttle Canadarm InventionAviation_Canadarm_Black_11x14 $44
One of Canada's greatest contributions to space, or at least most well known, was the Shuttle Remote Manipulator System, or Canadarm. It made its maiden voyage into Earth's orbit for the first time onboard the Space Shuttle Columbia on November 13, 1981. The Shuttle and Canadarm wrapped up 30 years of successful operations and 90 flights into space when the Shuttle program ended with mission STS-135.
The inspiration behind our Space Shuttle Canadarm Invention Art Print
If you're a self-confessed sci-fi and space nerd like I am, you'll love this piece because it probably brings back some pretty cool memories of how a Canadian invention played such a prominent role in space exploration. Seeing it in action for the first time, I imagined what early astronomers would think of modern humankind's advances into space. The Shuttle image placed over an ancient star chart from the 17th century marries Canada's modern historic achievement with the past.
- Detailed photo-illustration of the Space Shuttle and Canadarm
- Antique star chart background of the northern hemisphere
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Choose from four designer finishes: Matte black, Driftwood, Natural wood, and Matte white
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!