Vintage Fishing KitFishing_Kit_Khaki_11x14 $39
Our 'Vintage Fishing Kit' art print features a collection of old fishing gear from the 1930s through 1950s. The kit a hiking angler would put together today hasn't changed much since—a rod, reel, small selection tackle, extra line, would all be packed into a compact shoulder bag. The materials used then were a mix of organics like canvas and cork, but new materials were emerging such as fibreglass and early plastics. And although the articles on our print are well-worn, that they survive all these years later is a testament to their durability.
The inspiration behind our Vintage Fishing Kit art print
One day a good friend was rummaging through his garage and brought out a collection of dusty old fishing gear he'd been given. As we began to sort through the collection, I was drawn to the well-worn look of the canvas kit. It wasn't in great shape but that was part of the allure as I could imagine it slung over its owner's shoulder as he hiked along a trail to his favourite fishing hole. Before long I was photographing the set and converting what my lens captured this art print. The result is a work that captures the character of the rods and makes an ideal piece for any angler or art lover.
- Photo illustration of a selection of vintage fishing gear dating from the 1930s, 40s and 50s
- Available in two colours
- Individually printed on heavy photo paper using a 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper won’t fade or yellow for at least 200 years
Ready to hang
- Dry mounted on acid-free foam core stops warping or discolouration
- Gallery-style, solid hardwood, 100% Canadian-made frames
- Thick acrylic is as clear as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years
- Canadian-made, gallery-style hardwood frames with matte lacquer finish
- Prints are protected behind thick acrylic—clear as glass and won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Hanging hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!