Vintage Fishing KitFish_Kit_Khaki_11x14 $45.00
Our 'Vintage Fishing Kit' art print features a collection of old fishing gear from the 1930s through 1950s. The kit a hiking angler would put together today hasn't changed much since—a rod, reel, small selection tackle, extra line, would all be packed into a compact shoulder bag. The materials used then were a mix of organics like canvas and cork, but new materials were emerging such as fibreglass and early plastics. And although the articles on our print are well-worn, that they survive all these years later is a testament to their durability.
The inspiration behind our Vintage Fishing Kit art print
One day a good friend was rummaging through his garage and brought out a collection of dusty old fishing gear he'd been given. As we began to sort through the collection, I was drawn to the well-worn look of the canvas kit. It wasn't in great shape but that was part of the allure as I could imagine it slung over its owner's shoulder as he hiked along a trail to his favourite fishing hole. Before long I was photographing the set and converting what my lens captured this art print. The result is a work that captures the character of the rods and makes an ideal piece for any angler or art lover.
- Photo illustration of a selection of vintage fishing gear dating from the 1930s, 40s and 50s
- Choose from in two colour options
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years