Vintage Fishing RodsFish_Rod_Gry_11x14 $45.00
Our 'Vintage Fishing Rods' art print features a collection of old fishing poles from the 1930s through 1950s. It was a time when a number of materials were experimented with from bamboo to metal and early plastics to fibreglass. The common ingredient of the day was cork for handles. It made ideal material for its water resistance but it was less resistant to wear and tear. But as any angler will tell you, there's no denying its utility to temporarily hold a hook or two.
The inspiration behind our Vintage Fishing Rods art print
One day a good friend was rummaging through his garage and brought out a collection of dusty old fishing gear he'd been given. As we began to sort through the collection, a set of vintage fishing rods in various states of repair emerged. I was drawn to the use of materials used in their manufacture. They also weren't in great shape but that was part of the allure as I could imagine the hands that had years of enjoyment from the gear. Before long I was photographing the set and converting what my lens captured this art print. The result is a work that captures the character of the rods and makes an ideal piece for any angler or art lover.
- Photo illustration of a selection of four vintage fishing rods dating from the 1930s, 40s and 50s
- Choose from two colour options
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years