Vintage Fishing TackleFish_Accessory_Blu_12x12 $33.00
Our 'Vintage Fishing Tackle' art print features a collection of classic fishing tackle and packages from the 1930s through 1950s. Many of the fishing lure patterns patented during the era or before survive today. However, today we often buy our gear in plastic blister packs that rarely survive beyond the store shelf. Packages from bygone eras were classic examples of form meeting function. Boxes and containers were often held onto for many years and became part of the anglers kit.
The inspiration behind our Vintage Fishing Tackle art print
One day a good friend was rummaging through his garage and brought out a collection of dusty old fishing gear he'd been given. As we sorted through the items, I was drawn to the colours, classic enduring designs of the lures, as well as the vintage package designs. They were a little rough around the edges but that was part of the allure. I could imagine the owner found value in the old boxes for their storage utility and could see him reaching into his kit, opening the boxes, and tying on his favourite lure. Before long I was photographing the stuff and converting what my lens captured into this art print. The result is a work that captures the character of the equipment and packaging and makes an ideal piece for any angler or art lover.
- Photo illustration of a selection of vintage fishing tackle dating from the 1930s, 40s and 50s
- Choose from two colour options
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Individually printed to order on heavy, satin photo paper using a large format, 9-colour ink process
- Museum-quality (Giclée) inks and paper guaranteed not to fade or yellow for 200 years