Avro Mk. X Lancaster BomberAvi_Lancaster_Red/Blk_11x14 $45.00
The first Avro Lancaster entered WWII in March 1942. Thousands of Canadian airmen and ground crew served and lost their lives in the Canadian No. 6 Group of Bomber Command operating thirteen squadrons of Lancasters. Thousands more Canadians worked at Victory Aircraft in Malton (Toronto) producing 430 Lancaster Mk. Xs, between 1943 and 1945. The workhorse of WWII was capable of carrying bombs up to 22,000 lbs, in massive bombing convoys over Europe or to deliver precise raids on targets such as dams or warships.
The Inspiration behind our Mk X Lancaster Bomber Art Print
I am a longtime aircraft buff, WWII warplanes in particular. I am proud to have known a personal family friend that survived 50 missions in a 'Lanc' over Germany. This design was inspired by him. It is also drawn from my love of the great Depression-era designer Lester Beal. The image of an Mk X flying against a dramatic black and white sky congers up images of anti-aircraft searchlights in the night sky or rows upon rows of Lancasters filling the sky as they left England on raids.
- Photo illustration of an Avro Mk. X Lancaster Bomber
- Simple, minimalist design inspired by Depression-era artist Lester Beal
- Made in Canada gallery-style hardwood frames
- Prints are protected behind 2mm thick acrylic glazing offering the same clarity and quality as glass yet won't break during shipping
- Acid-free, foam core backing board
- Archival-grade dustcover
- Hardware installed—ready to hang out of the box!
- Photo Luster (Semi-gloss): Ultra bright white, 10 mil thick, acid-free, coated paper produces extra bold colour and high-resolution images on a semi-gloss surface
- Every ManMade Art prints is individually reproduced to museum (archival) standards with papers and inks guaranteed not to fade or yellow for up to 200 years
Amazing work, amazing service. Nothing but a great experience
Lancaster Bomber Plane
This wartime plane completed a wonderful collage of similar planes on our den wall. It arrived quickly, in perfect condition, and looks wonderful beside its neighbouring planes. Great service, great art ...thank you!